How to post a live photo on Instagram in 2 different ways
- To post a live photo to Instagram, you can convert your photos to video or use the Boomerang feature on Instagram Stories.
- The format you use to post a live photo to your Instagram will depend on if you're posting to your wall or to your story.
- To post a live photo on Instagram, you must be using an iPhone 6s or higher.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
If you have an iPhone 6s or newer, you can capture live photos right from your camera app. The new-ish medium occupies the space between a still photo and video, creating a "moving" image that lets you give viewers more visual context for your images.
Instagram was one of the last platforms to support live photos, but thanks to updates and savvy workarounds, there is a way to bring that feature to your profile. It's important to note that the ease of posting a live photo will depend on whether you want to add it to your story or your photo wall.
Here's how to post a live photo on your Instagram.
How to post a live photo on Instagram as a video upload on iPhone
1. Open your photos app and select the live photo you want to use.
2. Swipe upwards and choose "Save as video."
3. Open the Instagram app.
4. Tap the plus sign in the app's bottom menu.
5. Select the video you saved from your photo library.
6. Tap "Next" in the top right.
7. Add your caption.
8. Hit "Share."
How to post a live photo on Instagram as a story
1. Open Instagram.
2. Tap the camera icon in the top-left corner of the screen to access the "Stories" section.
3. On the story screen, scroll through your bottom menu until you see "Boomerang." Tap it.
4. Tap the white circle on the bottom menu to begin capturing your live photo when you see the boomerang icon appear.
5. Add text or edit your live photo in whatever way you want.
6. Press "Send To" in the lower right.
7. Select where you want to send your live photo, including "Your Story," "Close Friends," or someone you follow.
8. You can press "Undo" to stop the action or press the blue "Done" link that appears at the bottom of the screen.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Gold just hit a record high - here are some of the investment options for South Africans
- 100% home loans are booming - here's who can apply
- Sun International casinos paid out over R22.4 million in jackpots since reopening after lockdown
- You're going to need more than one coronavirus shot. One vaccine dose likely won't be enough - experts
- What causes sleep paralysis and how to reduce your risk