How to find the IMEI number on your iPhone, if you want to unlock it for use on a different cellular provider
- Every iPhone has a unique, 15-digit IMEI number that identifies it on a cellular network.
- If you need to find an IMEI number to unlock your iPhone for a different cellular provider, you can locate it in the Settings app on the About page.
- You can also dial *#06# on your iPhone to see the IMEI number.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA.
Every iPhone (and any other phone, for that matter) has a unique 15-digit number called an IMEI, or International Mobile Equipment Identity. You usually have no reason to know your phone's IMEI number and can safely ignore its existence.
Generally, the only reason you'll ever need to know your IMEI number is if you want to unlock your iPhone from a specific carrier to use it with a different service provider. In that case, you'll need to know the IMEI number to complete the unlocking process.
There are two ways to find the IMEI number on your iPhone.
How to find the IMEI number on your iPhone using Settings
1. Start the Settings app.
2. Tap "General," and then tap "About."
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and you'll see the IMEI number.
4. If you want to record the IMEI number error-free, tap and hold the IMEI number for a second or two until you see the Copy bubble appear. Tap "Copy" and you can paste the number into another app.
How to find the IMEI number on your iPhone using the Phone app
1. Open the Phone app.
2. Dial *#06#.
3. The screen will immediately display your phone's IMEI number. Tap "Dismiss" to close the page.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- These are the tricks car tyre dealers use to get you to spend more cash
- Take a look: inside Rolls-Royce’s first SUV – now in SA and (probably) the most expensive you can buy
- Discovery Vitality stopped it giving away R500,000 in free Ster-Kinekor movie tickets per month, Liberty says – and Virgin Active was bullied too
- Discovery Bank has quietly launched a new version of its app – and users hate it
- All the big SA companies that are currently looking for CEOs - including the Post Office and Postbank
- We compared gym fees in Joburg, Cape Town, Durban and Pretoria – and the cheapest start at R199