How to change your YouTube account name in 5 simple steps
- To change your YouTube name, you'll need to go through your YouTube settings menu.
- You can change your YouTube account name a maximum of three times in a 90-day period, so be sure you know what you'd like your new name to be before saving it.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Are you still using a YouTube name that you chose back in high school and that's decidedly embarrassing here in adulthood? Or have your interests changed and you now post and view different types of media that doesn't fit the feel of your current YouTube name?
Just note that you can only change your YouTube name three times in a 90-day period, so be certain about the change before you go through with it.
How to change your YouTube name
1. Go to YouTube and make sure you're signed into your account.
2. Click on your account icon in the top right corner of the screen (it will be an image you chose or a circle with a letter in it).
3. Hit "Settings" on the dropdown menu that appears.
4. On the next page, you will see your current YouTube name; click the words "Edit on Google" beside your name.
5. Replace your current name with your chosen new name, then click "OK."
And that's it, you now have a new YouTube username. Your new Youtube name will appear on your YouTube channel, any videos you post on the platform, and on any comments you make on other videos.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Kulula and British Airways planes have been grounded after a maintenance audit of the SAA unit they are trying to ditch
- Metered taxis in Durban want to take on Uber with their own app – and a bit of intimidation
- Bruce Whitfield: The Toothpaste that sells in SA at R2,000 a tube
- The Civil Aviation Authority says SAA and Comair must inspect all their aircraft for safety – but that it didn’t ground anybody
- Cape Town was just ranked the 5th most sex-obsessed city in the world – and the ‘sexy’ accent was key
- UPDATE: Here are all 12 flights British Airways, SAA, and Kulula have cancelled after a technical inspection – so far only for Tuesday