- You can easily add skills on LinkedIn to allow colleagues and potential employers to see your specialisations.
- Your LinkedIn connections can endorse you on a specific skill you list, serving as a recommendation and confirmation for your skill sets.
- You can remove the skills you add to your LinkedIn profile at any time.
- For mores stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
If you use LinkedIn to keep in touch with colleagues or to look for jobs, you're likely familiar with the Skills portion of your profile. This allows you to showcase the tasks and fields you specialise in, which your contacts can then validate, further highlighting your qualifications.
It's a section that only takes a few moments to fill out but can work wonders in making you stand out against other applicants in your industry.
You can add up to 50 skills on your LinkedIn profile, all of which your network can endorse you for with a few simple clicks. If you want to boost your relevance in a given area, here's how to add skills to your profile as well as how to remove ones that are no longer applicable.
Here's how you can add skills on LinkedIn to increase your chances of getting your dream job.
How to add skills on LinkedIn
1. Visit LinkedIn on a Mac or PC and log into your account.
2. Click on "Me" in the toolbar running across the top of your screen, then click "View profile."
3. On your profile page, click "Add profile section" and select "Skills" from the dropdown options.
4. From the window that appears, begin by typing the name of the skill in the box provided and click on the relevant skill when it pops up. It will then be added to your profile automatically.
Note that when skills are added to your profile, you can add more at any time by following steps 1 through 3 above and then clicking the (+) button that appears next to "Skills" in the "Add profile section" menu.
To remove skills, simply scroll down to the "Skills & Endorsements" section on your profile page and click the Edit icon, which looks like a small pencil, to launch a pop-up window. Locate the skill you want to remove from your LinkedIn profile and click on the X that appears next to that skill to remove it. When finished, click "Save."
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Lockdown Phase 2: Here’s what we know about rules and how restrictions will change
- These are the kind of measures businesses (and schools) can expect when SA’s hard lockdown ends
- Woolworths is going drive-thru. Here are the stores where you won’t have to leave your car
- South Africa's top Google searches during lockdown
- Wine exports are now banned again during lockdown – for fear of alcohol piracy
- 25% of job ads scrapped in SA in 6 weeks – but some skills are now in hot demand