This is how much the Huawei Mate 20 Pro will cost in South Africa - R3,000 more than the iPhone XR
- The new Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be available in South Africa in November from R18,999.
- The phone is R3,000 more expensive than Apple’s cheaper iPhone XR - but still significantly cheaper than the iPhone Xs.
- The Mate 20 Pro comes with a new 3-camera configuration, onscreen fingerprint scanning and fast charging capabilities.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Huawei's new flagship phone - will be available in South Africa from November and will cost R18,999 - R3,000 more than Apple’s iPhone XR, but still cheaper than the new Apple iPhone Xs, which starts at R22,000 in South Africa. The new iPhone Xs Max will set you back R24,000.
The new Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be available on contract at both Vodacom and MTN for R799 per month, R699 per month at Telkom and R1,300 per month at Cell C for 24 months, Huawei South Africa said.
The first 500 people to pre-order the smartphone from Huawei’s promo website from October 24 will get a free Huawei Watch GT Classic smartwatch valued at R5,499.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is equipped with a 40MP wide angle main camera, a 20MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and an 8MP telephoto camera which promises higher photo quality.
The phone features an iconic top notch camera and sensors. A special feature of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is its 40W Huawei SuperCharge which will give the phone a 70% charge in 30 minutes.
The phone also has an on-screen fingerprint scanner, a face scanner and comes with a Kirin 980 chipset - one of the world’s fastest chipsets.
"The Huawei Mate 20 Series is designed to be the best ‘mate’ of its users, accompanying and empowering them to enjoy a richer, more fulfilled life with their higher intelligence, unparalleled battery life and powerful camera performance,” said Akhram Mohamed, Chief Technology Officer at Huawei Consumer Business Group South Africa.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- A top SA billionaire and Ramaphosa ally may be on his way out – 12 things you need to know about Ivan Glasenberg
- SA's free coding college is looking for students - and you don't even need a matric to get in
- A ‘headless chicken monster’ was just spotted in the deep ocean, and people don’t know how to feel about it
- Shoprite and Checkers will pay you every time you re-use one of their new plastic bags
- Global markets slump as a 'poisonous brewing cauldron' of risks spooks investors
- 100 African startups can each get R500,000 in cash from this prominent UK incubator