Gucci is selling jeans with deliberate grass stains on the knees for R12,850
- Gucci is selling jeans with deliberate grass stains on the knees for R12,850.
- The Italian fashion house also has denim overalls in the same style for just over R18,000.
- Both items are part of Gucci's mens ready to wear collection for Fall/Winter 2020.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you thought high-end fashion was all diamond-encrusted leather handbags and silk dresses dripping in pearls, think again.
Gucci is selling jeans with deliberate grass stains on the knees for $770 (R12,850) a pair.
For true denim lovers, the Italian fashion house also has dungarees in the same style for just over R18,000.
Both items are in Gucci's mens ready to wear collection for Autumn/Winter 2020, which, the brand says, channels a "grunge vibe."
"This wide-leg denim pant is crafted from organic cotton specifically treated for a stained-like, distressed effect," the website reads.
"Gucci explores new takes on the cult fabric, reinterpreting it with different designs and washing techniques that blur the line between vintage and contemporary."
This isn't the first time Gucci has charged high-end prices for items many people would consider damaged.
In 2019, the luxury brand launched dirty-looking trainers complete with scuff marks for R14,520.
Many people mocked the sneakers on social media, with one shopper saying: "I've got a few filthy stained pairs like this left abandoned in the garden shed."
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- SA companies are seeing surprising benefits to remote work - and now plan for a 'blended' model
- Level 1 started at midnight – here’s what remains illegal
- Wearing glasses may help protect you from the coronavirus
- The ambitious Postbank was treading water. Then Covid-19 came to the rescue.
- Wanted: Spring cleaners for 3,500 square metre ministerial houses, with chandelier experience