- Grimes may have announced she's pregnant in an Instagram post.
- The singer posted a nude photo on Wednesday afternoon that appeared to show her pregnant with a fetus Photoshopped on her stomach. The post didn't include a caption, but in a comment on the post, Grimes appeared to imply that she is, in fact, pregnant.
- The meaning behind the photo is unclear, however: Grimes is known for trolling, and she has new music coming out in February. The photo could simply be promotional.
- However, people are already speculating that Grimes is pregnant with on-again, off-again boyfriend Elon Musk's baby.
- Representatives for Grimes and Musk weren't immediately available to comment.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Grimes may have just announced that she's pregnant.
The singer and producer, who is dating Tesla CEO Elon Musk, posted an unusual (and not safe for work) Instagram post on Wednesday afternoon that showed her naked with a fetus Photoshopped on her stomach. The post didn't include a caption, but in a comment on the post, Grimes appeared to imply that she is, in fact, pregnant.
The original post stayed up for a few hours before it was apparently taken down, likely because it violated Instagram's standards on female nudity. Grimes reposted a censored version of the photo Wednesday evening.
The meaning behind the photo is unclear. Grimes is known for trolling on social media, and given that the singer is planning to release a new album, "Miss Anthropocene," in February, this could be a reference to the new music or an album cover.
The couple have been dating on and off since 2018, when they made their relationship public by walking the red carpet at the annual Met Gala. Musk has five sons from a previous marriage.
Representatives for Grimes and Musk did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Moments after the photo was posted, social media was ablaze with people speculating whether the pregnancy is real and whether Grimes and Musk are having a baby together:
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- SA is seeing a new WhatsApp scam outbreak: here's how to protect yourself
- Gyms and fitness trainers will be government regulated – and can be shut down – under a new draft plan
- Discovery is abandoning Vitality rewards points this week - here’s what you need to know
- Why markets are oddly subdued after Iran's attack on US bases in Iraq: 'You call that a knife?'
- Sex workers are fundraising for Australia bushfire relief by selling nude photos online. They've raised hundreds of thousands, but not without consequences.
- 3 graphics reveal the unimaginable scale of Australia's fires