This 100-metre concept yacht has an aquarium and a glass floor that can turn solid colour — see inside
- Gresham Yacht Design designed the Thor Explore from the inside out, with a glass floor that can change opacity.
- The yacht has an indoor aquarium and a glass floor in the main saloon that can turn opaque for more privacy.
- According to CNN, the yacht could be built within three to four years if the concept plans are used by a shipyard.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Gresham Yacht Design has created a concept 100-metre yacht with an indoor aquarium, and a glass floor that can change opacities for more privacy.
The Britain-based design studio specialises in yacht designs of all boat types, whether it be an explorer ship with labs onboard, or luxury yachts with a floor-to-ceiling aquarium, such as the Thor Explore.
According to Gresham Yacht Design, the Thor Explore was designed from the inside out, starting with the spaceship-like interior and its large windows. Beyond its "norm-breaking" design, the inside of the ship also showcases features that aren't typically found on a luxury yacht, such as glass floors that can turn opaque with the touch of a button, two separate hangars, and the aforementioned aquarium.
Keep scrolling to see inside the futuristic-looking yacht:
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- You could be paying 36% too much for bananas at Woolworths if you aren’t buying organic
- The coolest Airbnbs in South Africa - from house boats and treehouses to vast mansions
- Checkers Little Garden is back, and online too, but two years later you have to spend R50 more
- SA is moving closer to a death spiral, says Allan Gray’s new investment head
- A SA company is live-streaming Africa's spectacular 'Great Migration' to viewers around the world