How to sign into Google Drive on computer or phone, and what to do if you can't remember your login
- You can sign into Google Drive using the same username and password as your Gmail account.
- Signing into Google Drive on the website or mobile app gives you access to all your saved files and photos.
- If you can't remember your account information, you can use the "Forgot email?" or "Forgot password?" options to recover your account.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Google Drive is probably the most popular cloud storage app around. And with 15GB of free storage space, it's not hard to see why.
Luckily, it's not hard to sign into Google Drive either. Google Drive, like other Google services, is connected to your Google account. That means it uses the same email address, username, and password as your Gmail account, YouTube account, and more.
Here's how to sign into Google Drive on both a computer and phone.
How to sign into the Google Drive website
All you need is your Google username and password.
1. Head to the Google Drive website.
2. If you've signed in before, you might be offered one of your Google accounts — click the one you want and enter your password to log in. Otherwise, type in your Gmail address, username, or phone number and click Next.
3. Enter your password and click Next again. If prompted, complete the two-factor verification process.
You'll be signed in.
If you can't remember your account information, click Forgot email? or Forgot password? You'll be able to use your recovery method to get back into the account.
How to sign into the Google Drive mobile app
1. Once downloaded, open the Google Drive app.
2. You'll be asked if you want to sign in with one of the Google accounts already saved on your device — tap one and sign in if you do.
3. If you don't, tap Add Account or Add another account.
4. You'll be brought to a page where you can log into your account. Enter your Gmail address, username, or phone number and tap Next.
5. Enter your password and tap Next again. If prompted, complete the two-factor verification process.
You'll be signed into the app.
If you can't remember your account information, tap Forgot email? or Forgot password? to recover your account.
Get the best of our site emailed to you every weekday.
Go to the Business Insider front page for more stories.