These are the best golf courses on South African residential estates, according to a new wealth report
- A new report has rated the best golf courses on residential estates in South Africa.
- Over 40% of South Africa's rich live or have homes on residential estates.
- The research team spent the past year visiting top-end estates, which included looking at lifestyle, wildlife, golf, equestrian, and parkland estates.
- For more stories visit Business Insider South Africa.
Research group New World Wealth has for the first time rated the best golf courses situated within SA’s top residential estates in its 2019 ratings report.
The ratings were based on the following: condition of the course and its "memorability", clubhouse and halfway-house facilities, and the scenery and views.
The group's team spent the past year visiting top-end estates, which included looking at lifestyle, wildlife, golf, equestrian and parkland estates.
The report into the High-Net-Worth Individual (HNWI) segment in South Africa found that residential estate living is on the rise among the country's wealthy.
“We estimate that over 40% of South African HNWIs live or have homes on residential estates,” according to real estate advisor Basil Weinrich.
Here are the top 10 golf courses situated within residential estates (in alphabetical order), according to New World Wealth:
- Fancourt Links
- Highland Gate
- Leopard Creek
- Pearl Valley at Val de Vie
- Pinnacle Point
- Steyn City
- St Francis Links
Compiled by Estrelita Moses
Receive a daily update with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Vodacom's tech boss just quit at a tricky time - to join a Johann Rupert company
- Play the race card! Nando's just introduced a hilarious SA version of Monopoly
- KFC has quietly rolled out a spicy new 'masala' flavour for its chicken – and we think it is better than the original
- 'Vodacom' is now lending small businesses up to R1.5 million, with cash in 24 hours
- Oops! Massive spelling mistake on Joburg police car
- From patching shoes and soccer balls in the township, this young entrepreneur built an award-winning leather business