Ginger emoji will launch next week, along with superheroes, and toilet paper
- Emoji showing ginger people are in an update going live on Tuesday.
- Unicode's Emoji 11.0 update will also introduce cupcakes, lobsters, llamas, and toilet paper.
- It's likely to take a little longer for them to appear on your phones while operating systems update to handle the new symbols.
Emoji depicting ginger people are making their way onto the internet in a few days' time with a major update that starts rolling out on Tuesday.
Cupcakes, superheroes, bagels, toilet paper, kangaroos, and llamas will also be included in Unicode's Emoji 11.0 update.
The Unicode Consortium, which is in charge of creating new emoji, announced the changes in February.
A total of 157 new symbols will be added. The site Emojipedia broke them down in this YouTube video:
After the update, there will be a total of 2,823 emoji available, according to Emojipedia.
Though the emoji will technically be available starting Tuesday, don't expect to immediately see them on your devices. Different mobile systems and platforms will need to update to support the new symbols.
Some platforms, like Twitter, have historically done that very quickly, while Android and Apple devices have waited longer to fold the emoji into broader operating-system updates
- Japan is quietly gaining an edge on China, and SA is getting caught in the middle
- South African models can earn between R25,000 and R60,000 a month. Here's how to become one.
- The Dakar race shows that the toughest bakkies in the world are South African
- This is the test couples in China have to take before they are allowed to divorce
- Two courts just ruled that you can be sued via SMS. Here's what it means.