Watch: Memorising giant animal lanterns light up Paris's Jardin des Plantes
Christmas is going to be a little different in Paris, thanks to this giant animal-shaped lantern exhibition in the Jardin des Plantes.
Espèces En Voie d’Illumination (Species on the Verge of Illumination) marks the first time this park has been adorned with lights with the aim of creating awareness about biodiversity with creatures.
Some of the sculptures reach 15 metres high.
You’ll see a tyrannosaurus, a triceratops and a velociraptor – followed by other animals that didn’t make it through the ice age.
There is also a zoo where you walk through a 30-metre-long illuminated whale and come face to face with a family of Pandas.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Some couples are no longer getting engagement rings — here are 10 modern ways people are proposing to their partners
- Ezra Miller posed for the latest issue of Playboy and people are thrilled for what it means for LGBTQ representation
- 7 vegetables that you should cook instead of eating raw
- Amazon’s new Kindle is a boring device that can’t do very much
- The biggest threat to success isn't failure — it's something much harder to beat
- Bill Gates is so obsessed with redesigning the world's toilets — he brought a jar of poop onstage in Beijing to prove it
- 14 of the smallest animals on Earth - including a tiny South Africa tortoise