How to make George Clooney and Rande Gerber's favourite margarita, which includes jalapeños
- February 22 is National Margarita Day in the US.
- INSIDER asked for the favourite recipe of Casamigos tequila cofounders George Clooney and Rande Gerber.
- Their answer was surprising - and even features jalapeño peppers.
- However, they usually prefer to drink their tequila straight.
February 22 is National Margarita Day in the US!
Yep, turns out there's a day for that, too.
To honour the delicious tequila and lime beverage, we got in touch with the only people whose opinions matters on the subject - Casamigos cofounders Rande Gerber and George Clooney.
Although Gerber and Clooney famously sold their tequila company to Diageo for $1 billion (R13 billion) back in 2017, the pair have remained heavily involved in the business.
Gerber once told Business Insider that he and Clooney taste-test every batch: "We always want to be the first or the second one to taste it. It's kind of a tradition. We open the bottle, toast, and take a sip."
Therefore, who better to ask for their favourite margarita recipe than the chief tasters themselves?
Warning: their blend of choice is not for those with sensitive tastebuds.
"George and I prefer Casamigos on the rocks," Gerber stipulated in an email to INSIDER, "but we also love that it mixes well with everything.
"A perfect margarita is the spicy jalapeño cucumber margarita."
Here's the recipe for the Casamigos Spicy Jalapeño Cucumber Margarita:
2 oz. Casamigos Blanco
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
.5 oz. Simple Syrup
2 Cucumber Slices
1 Jalapeño Slice
Method: Combine all ingredients into tin shaker. Muddle fruit/herbs. Add ice. Shake vigorously for 8-10 seconds. Fine strain into rocks glass. Add fresh ice. Garnish with cucumber and jalapeño slice.
For more, go to Business Insider South Africa.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- More than 13 million new smartphones were sold in South Africa last year – and almost two-thirds cost less than R1,500
- You can get R3,000 Galaxy earphones for free - if you order the new Samsung phones online from today
- These emerging markets will dominate the global economy in the next decade - SA comes in at number 10
- This futuristic Airbus smart seat prototype may make the future of economy flying a bit less miserable