George Clooney is giving up motorcycle riding and auctioning his Harley-Davidson for charity on eBay
- George Clooney is selling his Harley-Davidson for charity, and bids are already topping R360,000.
- The actor's 2017 Dresser Touring is up for sale on eBay for Charity Homes for Our Troops celebrity auction.
- All the proceeds from Clooney's bike will go to Homes for Our Troops, a non-profit that provides adapted homes for severely injured post-9/11 veterans.
- According to the item's listing, Clooney has been told to give up motorcycle riding by his wife Amal after he was involved in a scooter accident in Sardinia last year.
- Over 40 items and experiences were donated by celebrities to be auctioned off in the event, including a meet and greet with Jake Gyllenhall and a tennis match with Owen Wilson.
It looks like George Clooney is hanging up his helmet for good.
Fans of the "Ocean's Eleven" star may remember the headlines from last year when he was involved in a scooter accident in Sardinia.
Although Clooney's injuries from the crash were not serious, it seems it was enough to shake up his wife Amal, who has apparently told him to ditch the two-wheelers.
The actor has donated his 2017 Harley-Davidson Dresser Touring to eBay for Charity to benefit Homes for Our Troops, a non-profit organisation that provides adapted homes for severely injured post-9/11 veterans.
According to the item's eBay listing, "ever since George Clooney's motorcycle accident, his wife Amal has told him he's off two wheels for good."
Clooney's Harley has just 40 km on the odometer and will come signed by the actor himself, though the winner of the auction must be able to collect the motorcycle from Los Angeles.
Biddings on the bike will run until Thursday, November 15 - and they're already rising fast.
According to the listing, the manufacturer's suggested retail price for the bike is $28,000 (almost R391,000), and Clooney's pre-owned model is already up to $26,100 (some R360,000) at the time of writing, with eight days left to go.
Clooney's Harley is just one of the myriad pieces of celebrity memorabilia and experiences up for grabs in the eBay for Charity auction.
Bidders also have the chance to win a pair of sneakers autographed by Ellen DeGeneres, a pair of Under Armour sneakers signed by Steph Curry and the opportunity to sit with Ben Stiller courtside at a New York Knicks game.
According to eBay, its charity function has raised nearly $810 million (R11.3 billion) to date.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa
- Cyril Ramaphosa may be wearing the wrong running shoes – here's how it could hurt him
- Discovery Vitality made a massive R603 million profit last year – as members fail to use their perks
- This video is going viral for showing dozens of salmon crossing a busy road
- This startling statistic shows why Yuppiechef is opening stores in malls
- A beauty brand is selling a R280 tooth polish that's essentially makeup for your teeth
- An overnight British Airways flight turned into a 77-hour nightmare journey for over 200 people