'Game of Thrones' fans spotted a takeaway coffee cup sitting on a table during a new feast scene
- Warning: Spoilers ahead for the "Game of Thrones" season eight, episode four, "The Last of the Starks."
- Fans spotted a rogue coffee cup sitting in the background of Winterfell's feast scene. Fans are calling it a Starbucks cup, though the logo is not identifiable as such.
- The cup appears before Daenerys Targaryen for only a couple of seconds while Tormund is toasting to Jon Snow.
- Visit Business Insider SA for more stories.
The latest "Game of Thrones" episode featured a surprising detail. Shortly after the episode aired in the US on Sunday night, tweets started going viral showing a coffee cup seemingly left on a table by mistake during a feast scene.
About 17 minutes into season eight, episode four, "The Last of the Starks," a to-go coffee cup appears on the table in front of Daenerys Targaryen.
Though many people online have described the object as a Starbucks cup, the logo on the cup's side is unclear.
HBO's behind-the-scenes video, "The Game Revealed," includes a small appearance by a similar-looking coffee cup, suggesting that particular brand is common on the "Game of Thrones" set.
Last season, an image from the show featuring a pickup truck in the background circulated online. But that was simply a screenshot taken from a behind-the-scenes video. There was never a truck on the actual aired version of the episode. This time, the anachronistic coffee cup really did appear on the version of the latest episode.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Single women are now the biggest group of property buyers in South Africa – larger than couples and single men
- Uber is offering discounts on trips to polling stations on Wednesday – even if it is being slightly cheap compared to 2016
- Why Telkom will not yet invest in 5G – and when 5G will be available at Cell C, Vodacom, MTN, and Rain
- Here’s how much it costs to open a Vida, Mugg & Bean or Bootlegger coffee shop
- Up to 1 million animal species may be at risk of disappearing — yet another sign we're in the middle of a 6th mass extinction