'Fortnite' is finally getting vehicles, and they're coming this week
- The world's biggest game, "Fortnite," is about to get a major addition: vehicles!
- In true "Fortnite" style, the first vehicle is a shopping cart.
- The shopping cart arrives this week in "Fortnite," though it's not clear exactly when.
"Fortnite" is finally getting a much desired feature: vehicles.
In the update seen above, the new shopping cart item advertises the ability to "Roll into battle alone or with a buddy!"
An Epic Games representative said the shopping cart is expected to arrive this week, but declined to offer exact timing. It's not clear just yet how the item will work, or even how it will appear in the world. If the recent jetpack addition is any indication, it's likely that shopping carts will be a usable item found in the world — like shield potions or weapons or med kits.
Vehicles have been a staple of the "Battle Royale" game genre since "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds" launched in March 2017. They've been a long-requested feature in "Fortnite," and it'll be interesting to see how they impact the game.
Given that we're talking about a shopping cart instead of, say, a car, it sounds like any riding will be a one-way trip. But we're also talking about a game with a magical floating bus and a surrealist, often Dali-esque world — it's entirely possible that these shopping carts come with propulsion. Epic wouldn't tell us anything more.
We'll see later this week when the update arrives.
- 10 years ago, this company was the largest construction firm in SA. Then it lost 99.5% of its value. Here’s what happened
- Mohair farmers say Peta misrepresented angora farming in a shock documentary – that could cost South Africa R1.5 billion per year
- South Africans will be able to sell their used cars in 45 minutes, paperwork included, on new Naspers-linked platform
- These SA universities have banned Apple watches during exam time — here's why
- Sars says warnings it will cost R1,500 to bring your own laptop back into SA is a ‘hoax’ (but a TC01 form can only save time and trouble)