A Cape Town school will now host a virtual open day using drones
- A new Cape Town private school, Rallim Preparatory School, will host its first ever virtual open day on August 15.
- As is traditional, the school wants to give prospective parents and pupils a tour around the school buildings, including its nine hectares of grounds.
- But with things being what they are, Rallim will be using drones to provide that tour.
- For more stories, go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, Rallim Preparatory School, on the West Coast outside Cape Town, will host a virtual open day for prospective parents and pupils using drones.
The "IT-biased" private pre-preparatory and preparatory school first opened last year, and features nine hectares of grounds surrounding its R120 million campus.
It promises to prepare kids for jobs that do not yet exist, with coding taught from grade one.
The virtual open day, scheduled for August 15, is due to feature what the school describes as a "fly-by drone experience", which will stream live on the school’s Facebook page and its YouTube channel.
Prospective parents and learners will also get the chance to interact with teachers and students.
“Viewers will be able to ask the Rallim kids questions about their experiences and this will be live, followed by parents' voice," said media consultant Gwen Sparks.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Namibia should have a huge pile of cigarettes. Mysteriously, they are nowhere to be found.
- Have you tried to quit? SA to take part in a big tobacco survey ahead of planned new restrictions
- Nasa says never again after a Trump-flagged boat approached SpaceX’s splashed down ship
- TikTok is at the heart of a wild geopolitical fight. Here's what's going on.
- Low interest rates suck for savers, but you still have options
- Electricity prices are going up by 15% next year – here’s how it affects you