Your dad doesn’t need another pair of socks this Father’s Day – here are some ideas
- Father's Day is this Sunday, 21 June.
- While you are still not allowed to visit in person according to lockdown regulations, shopping restrictions have lifted quite a bit since Mother's Day, so you have so you have more options.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Father's Day is this Sunday, 21 June.
And while you may still not be allowed to visit in person according to lockdown regulations, you can still get him something in lieu of actual face-to-face time.
Limitations have lifted somewhat since Mother's Day, so you definitely have more gift options.
As tempting as getting him a pair of thick socks may be as temperatures drop, Business Insider has a few ideas to help you go the extra mile:
Get him some biltong and a few extras...
If your dad likes biltong, Pick n Pay is offering 20% off any two packets of biltong for Father's Day.
Or get him a gourmet hamper from Netflorist - it comes with a bottle of wine and chocolate for R269.
... or help him organise his life
With this man-stand organiser and charging station...
Or get him a dictionary safe to store items safely.
How about a self-care gift...
Sorbet finally delivers, so he can pamper himself, and catch up on some grooming.
... or a fragrance
Woolworths is offering 20% off their fragrances on Father's Day.
Get him to flex his kitchen muscle...
Maybe he likes to experiment in the kitchen, so here are some kitchen items to add to his collection and get him on his way.
Meat cutters such as these meat claws and biltong slicer from Mantality should come in handy.
There is also still time to enter YuppieChef's competition, where you can win two EverDure grills, worth R10 500 each, for your dad. Unfortunately, the lucky draw will only take place on Father's Day.
... or simply get him a good read
Maybe all he wants this Father's Day is a book. Exclusive Books now delivers on Uber Eats. With over 100 books to choose from, we are sure he would enjoy a good page-turner.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Casinos reportedly hope to reopen in July, with every second slot machine turned off
- Salons, still closed for lockdown, must now pay all staff bonuses under a bargaining deal
- Working from home during lockdown? How to make sure you get a tax break
- Cape Town just ranked as 8th most violent city in the world – but bystanders will help
- ‘All wines matter.’ Former rugby player’s brand is under fire over 'tone deaf' tweet