Watch what happened when a UK father promised his 7-year-old son a PlayStation 5 if he could hit the crossbar 3 times in a row with a soccer ball
- Chris Charles, a 34-year-old living in Birmingham, England, made a bet with his 7-year-old son, telling him he would get him a PlayStation 5 if he could hit a crossbar three times with a soccer ball.
- Of course, the kid pulled off the incredible feat.
- His father filmed the whole bet and posted the proof on Instagram. We embedded the video below.
- Visit Business Insider South Africa's homepage for more stories.
Sony's PlayStation 4 successor, the PlayStation 5, is expected to arrive next year.
And Fabian Charles, a lucky 7-year-old from Birmingham, England, is most likely getting one.
This is what happens when you promise your son a PlayStation for pulling off a difficult feat, only for it to actually happen - and then post the proof online so the entire internet holds you to that promise.
A few days ago, 34-year-old Chris Charles was out kicking a soccer ball with his young son when he bet him a PlayStation, telling him if he could kick the ball and hit the goal's crossbar three consecutive times, he would get him the console.
Well, guess what happened:
Mind you, the elder Charles must have known the risk he was taking. His son isn't a total soccer novice; he plays for the Stoke City Under Eight Academy, according to his Instagram page.
Still, this is a mighty impressive feat for a 7-year-old, or anybody really, to pull off.
Let this be a lesson to all fathers out there: If you promise your child a next-generation console as an incentive for doing something, they will perform miracles.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Multichoice plans to make 52 local movies the next year - and saw streaming subscriber double
- Here’s how much it will cost to keep your office in toilets as Johannesburg prepares for 54 hours without water
- Setting the aircon to 28 doesn’t heat up your office any faster in winter – here’s why it is a terrible idea
- Discovery Health saw 8,500 new cancer cases last year – and the cost of treatment is up 100% since 2011
- These are the ten entry-level jobs employers are most desperate to fill – and for which they will pay up to R374,000 a year – according to Gumtree