Elon Musk’s dad has had a baby with his stepdaughter, who is 42 years younger than him - report
- The 72-year old Errol Musk has admitted to the Daily Mail that he has fathered a child with his stepdaughter (30).
- This has caused tension in the Musk family
- Errol's son Elon, the billionaire CEO of both SpaceX and Tesla, has called his father 'evil'.
The Daily Mail has revealed the reason for the bitter rift between the billionaire Elon Musk and his 72-year old father, Errol Musk, who lives in Langebaan in the Western Cape.
According to a report, Errol is the father of a 10-month old baby son by his 30-year old stepdaughter.
Jana Bezuidenhout is the daughter of Errol’s ex-wife Heide. They were married for eighteen years, and have two daughters together. Bezuidenhout was four when they got married.
According to Bezuidenhout's Facebook profile, she has worked at an elderly home in Malmesbury and attended the Noupoort Christian Education College, an infamous drug rehabilitation centre in the Karoo.
Bezuidenhout poses with her son, Elliot Rush Musk, on various photos.
Errol confirmed to the Daily Mail that Bezuidenhout is his girlfriend and that the baby is his. According to the report, he said his family went “beserk” when they found out.
Relatives told the UK tabloid that Errol was the only father Bezuidenhout ever knew. Her biological father died when she was a toddler.
Errol and Elon have been estranged for some time, with the Tesla CEO calling his father 'evil' and 'a terrible human being'. Errol, for his part, said Elon is ‘acting like a spoilt child’.
Errol recently spoke to Business Insider South Africa about his son’s upbringing, and admitted that he made mistakes as a father and husband.
“I was really terrible,” he said about his marriage to Maye Musk, a Canadian-South African model and dietitian.
“I had (…) a few mistresses on the side, I didn't quite see the problem. It seemed to be quite reasonable. Looking back, it was stupid.”
He said that he thought it was normal to have affairs at the time, “like the Italians do, and the French.”
“I screwed up the marriage, I was totally responsible. It didn't work out too well in the end. My (former) wife doesn't speak to me, even when we're together she won't speak to me, so we haven't spoken to one other for 37 years. She won't speak to me or engage me if we're in the same room - which we have been often.”
Errol was a successful consulting engineer, and also owned an emerald mine in Zambia. After the divorce, Elon lived with his father in Pretoria, where he attended Pretoria Boys High.
Errol told Business Insider SA that having a romantic relationship is crucially important to his son. Elon Musk has been divorced twice and recently split from his long-time girlfriend, the American actress Amber Heard.
“What is driving Elon is trying to find the right girl, and that is very hard, probably the hardest thing on earth, for you or for me, for anybody.”
- These are some of South Africa's most brazen medical aid scams and schemes
- These online courses (from as little as R140) can land you a hot job in tech
- Le Creuset, which is owned by a South African, has apologised for angering its black fans
- The closest thing you can find to Wakanda in the real world is Wits, according to the world's biggest news agency
- Samsung is making some good-looking cases for your new – fragile – Galaxy S9
- South Africa will be one of the biggest beneficiaries from the new African free trade area, says Moody’s
- We tried KFC's new 'mojito' - and one ingredient was a bit overpowering
- 34 years of hard slog, and then 2 big promotions in 6 days: what we know about new acting Sars boss Mark Kingon
- Amazon is selling fake Basotho blankets in the middle of the Black Panther craze – and they are really ugly
- Cyril Ramaphosa is backing the Afro – but a single African currency may only work if it is pegged to the rand, says an economist
- The world's most expensive superyachts come with helipads, movie theaters, and swimming pools — take a look
- A medium at Woolworths? You’re actually a XXL at Mr Price. Why SA’s clothing sizes are crazy
- We compared the price of contracts that come with an iPhone X – and the winner is R1,200 a year cheaper than the rest
- These are the 5 most expensive South African wines you can buy right now – if you are willing to spend up to R5,000 per bottle
- 'World's most comfortable shoe' now made from South African invasive trees
- South Africa’s top barista showed us how to brew the perfect cup of coffee
- Use this secret weapon to improve your meetings, suggest SA academics
An exec who invests Mark Shuttleworth’s money keeps every rejection letter he has ever received – here’s why