- Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted glowingly about 16-year-old climate change activist Greta Thunberg.
- Thunberg has become a globally recognised figure and led the movement which inspired huge strikes all over the world on Friday.
- Musk said on Saturday that Thunberg shows "better reasoning [and] more heart than the vast majority of political leaders".
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Elon Musk tweeted his support of iconoclastic climate change activist Greta Thunberg on Saturday.
Musk retweeted an article from Scientific American about Thunberg's role in the global climate change protests last week. A Twitter user commented in response: "Let's let a 16 year old determine world policy. I love you Elon, but this is wrong."
Musk replied that Thunberg is a "16 year old who has better reasoning [and] more heart than the vast majority of political leaders."
A 16 year old who has better reasoning & more heart than the vast majority of political leaders— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 20, 2019
Millions of people all over the world joined strikes on Friday demanding governments and businesses take action to combat climate change. The strike movement was inspired by Thunberg after she started striking every Friday in 2018.
Elon Musk is a vocal opponent of fossil-fuels, and has said that his electric vehicle company Tesla is part of his vision for a greener world.
Musk also served on two advisory White House councils in 2017, but quit after President Trump pulled the US out of the Paris climate accord. "Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world," Musk tweeted at the time.
Receive a daily email with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- A massive, rare blue diamond has just been found outside Pretoria
- This is what braai essentials cost at Checkers, Pick n Pay, Spar and Shoprite - and you might be paying too much for Pepsi
- This is SA’s favourite restaurant in Cape Town, Durban and Joburg, according to OrderIn
- A Thomas Cook flight attendant says she only learned that the company collapsed and she lost her job on Facebook
- The G-spot is a dangerous myth ruining women's sex lives, according to the doctor behind 'The Vagina Bible'
- Take a look: this is the 'Aerotropolis' that Durban’s government hopes will bring in R1 trillion in investment
- The US and Saudi Arabia are searching for a 'smoking gun' among wrecked weapons that will conclusively link Iran to the attacks on Saudi oil sites