Elon Musk now has another lavish Gulfstream private jet in his arsenal
- Elon Musk now has another private jet in his arsenal, US Federal Aviation Authority records show.
- Falcon Landing, an LLC connected to SpaceX and Tesla, registered a second Gulfstream plane in August.
- Musk has been putting plenty of miles on the first plane jetting between California and SpaceX's Texas launch site.
- Visit Business Insider SA's homepage for more stories.
Elon Musk is known to put plenty of miles on jets, and now he's got another in his arsenal.
The Tesla and SpaceX CEO now has access to a second lavish Gulfstream aircraft for jetting between car factories, rocket launch sites, and everywhere in between.
Falcon Landing LLC, a shell company with ties to SpaceX's Hawthorne, California headquarters, recently registered a new Gulfstream G550 jet alongside its larger G650. According to its broker listing, the new jet has space for 17 passengers that can be re-configured into a sleeping configuration.
The registration was first spotted by Protocol, which pegs the jet's price around $14 million. Business Insider was unable to confirm this number. SpaceX did not respond to a request for comment.
The new jet doesn't appear to have made any Tesla or SpaceX-related flights yet, though the previous G650 frequently flies between California and the Texas coast where the company has eyes on building a private village complete with hotel rooms, recreation options, and parties — and is buying out current residents to make it happen.
According to the Washington Post, Musk put more than 150,000 miles on the plane in 2018, including pet projects and vacation in addition to running the two companies. Now, with Tesla building a new car factory in Texas, it's likely that Musk will be travelling even more.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- All the UIF’s coronavirus payouts were stopped amid new fraud probe
- SA's new R4.5bn space hub will build up to 6 new satellites - here's what you need to know
- If you have R700,000 you can buy a grilled chicken franchise in a container, just add land
- A surge in SA inflation may have killed further interest rate cuts
- The shocking state of SA rental market – 23% of high-end properties now stand empty
- SA has a new, big-name influencer advertising agency – here’s how to get picked for campaigns