Elon Musk revealed his favourite film and TV series of 2019
- On Christmas Eve, a Twitter user asked Elon Musk what his favourite film of 2019 was.
- Musk said his favourite film of this year was South Korean thriller "Parasite."
- He also said his favourite Netflix series is "Black Mirror."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Elon Musk is known to have a proclivity for the nerdier things in life.
The Tesla CEO has spoken at length about his love for sci-fi classics like "Star Wars" and "Bladerunner," and even had a cameo this year as an alternate version of himself in the sci-fi parody series "Rick and Morty."
But in 2019 the film that most captured Musk's imagination was the critically acclaimed "Parasite," as Musk revealed on Twitter on Christmas Eve.
Parasite— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 24, 2019
"Parasite" is a South Korean satirical thriller written and directed by Bong Joon-Ho. The plot revolves about members of a poor family inserting themselves into the life of a rich one. Slate compared the film to Jordan Peele's "Us."
The film won the Palme D'Or at Cannes, and is tipped for an Oscar.
Another Twitter user asked Musk what his favourite Netflix series is, to which he replied "Black Mirror," the tech-inspired dystopian anthology series by Charlie Brooker.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Airbnb denies a report that it rejected a plan to require government IDs to sign up for the home-sharing service because it might hurt growth
- A baby black rhino was born at a Michigan zoo on Christmas Eve, a rarity for this 'critically endangered' species
- Look: The world's first hydrogen-powered superyacht was unveiled at the Monaco Yacht Show.
- For R15,000 this company says it can convert your bike into an electric one that can clock 40km on battery power
- Cape Town is due to get a ‘safe’ R14 billion Foreshore development – here’s what it could look like
- Take a Look: This Cape Town police station has been decorated with Christmas lights for the past five years