SA-born tech billionaire Elon Musk and musician Grimes have had their first child together
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk and musician Grimes have announced the birth of their first child.
- The baby boy was born Monday evening.
- Musk and Grimes, whose real name is Claire Boucher, publicly announced they were dating at the annual Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art the first week of May 2018.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk and musician Grimes have had their first child together.
One Twitter user asked Musk the name of their child, to which the tech billionaire responded, "X Æ A-12 Musk."
It's Grimes' first child - Musk has five sons with his first wife, Justine.
Grimes announced she was pregnant in January via a cryptic social media post that showed her with a fetus Photoshopped into her belly. During a livestream on Twitch in February, she said that the baby's due date was May 4th. Musk tweeted that the baby was due on Monday.
The couple's first child together comes almost exactly two years after they made their debut as a couple. In May 2018, Musk and Grimes, whose real name is Claire Boucher, took both the business and music worlds by surprise when they revealed they were dating, walking the red carpet together at that year's Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Musk grew up in Pretoria.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- An experienced SA safari guide freaked out at seeing a lioness carry a cub during a live stream
- The Gautrain is coming back on Monday – with Covid-19 checks and whole-body disinfection
- Non-alcoholic gin and beer is flying off the shelves under SA’s booze lockdown
- Inside a hotel at Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront that’s remained open to guests through lockdown
- Brazil is letting the coronavirus run wild with little intervention - the results are strikingly bad