A celebrity jeweller made a flashy, R540,000 Tesla ring as a gift for Elon Musk
- Celebrity jeweller Ben Baller made a diamond ring with Tesla's name and logo as a gift to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Baller said in an Instagram post.
- The Tesla ring is the first piece of custom jewellery Baller has given as a gift, he said.
- The ring is worth $37,000, the equivalent of R540,000,Baller told Business Insider.
Celebrity jeweller Ben Baller made a diamond ring with Tesla's name and logo as a gift to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Baller said in an Instagram post.
"Dear Elon Musk Please accept this 1 of 1 custom Diamond and Ruby #Tesla ring for being an inspiration to me and my best friend Paul aka @va_p100d FYI both of us own @teslamotors Model X P100D's and both of us appreciate what you've done for Americans and the [the world]," Baller said.
The Tesla ring is the first piece of custom jewellery Baller has given as a gift, he said.
"Why are we giving you this ring? Because you have motivated me and Paul to level up and push limits," Baller said. "We salute you for giving almost 50,000 jobs to Americans and putting USA back on the map as a serious contender in the auto industry."
The ring is worth $37,000, Baller told Business Insider. That is the equivalent of R540,000.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- We tried Christmas puddings from Spar, Checkers, Pick n Pay, and Woolworths – and found the brandy missing in the wrong one
- Disappointing photos that show what royal life is really like
- South African triathletes earn R40,000 from a single event and travel the world – here’s how to become one
- 10 flying objects people have mistaken for alien spaceships
- You can order from Uber Eats (but not Mr D Food) on Christmas Day – but you have to plan if you want to avoid disappointment
- Here is how expropriation – with or without compensation – would work under the new Expropriation Bill