People are mesmerised by a viral video that shows what happens when you put an egg in vinegar and maple syrup
- A bizarre video depicting an egg getting bigger and bigger after being soaked in various liquids went viral on Twitter on Thursday.
- First, the egg is submerged in a glass of vinegar for a day and comes out significantly larger than a traditional egg.
- Then, the same egg is doused in maple syrup, left to sit for a day, and moved to a glass filled with water and blue dye.
- After yet another day of absorption, the egg emerges blue, bouncy, and much larger than both a regular egg and a vinegar-soaked egg.
- Twitter users have pointed out the pointlessness of the so-called hack and the irony that the three-day process was originally posted by an account called "5-Minute Crafts."
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA.
5-Minute Crafts did not immediately respond to INSIDER's request for comment.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- We compare South Africa's mattresses that arrive at your home in a box
- 7 strategies that can make your relationship happier in 10 minutes or less
- 27 of the wildest Guinness World Records set in 2019
- 12 cringeworthy statues of famous people that look nothing like them
- Disney has over 50 movies in the works for the next decade — here they all are