Here are all of the allegations a former Playboy model made about her alleged sexual affair with Trump
- Former Playboy model Karen McDougal described a sexual affair she said she had with Donald Trump in 2006.
- She said it took place shortly after Trump's youngest son, Barron, was born.
- McDougal also claimed Trump tried to pay her after their first sexual encounter.
Former Playboy model Karen McDougal described a 2006 sexual affair she said she had with Donald Trump on Thursday.
McDougal, who claimed the consensual relationship with Trump lasted 10 months, said that she believed both of them were in love at the time. Trump professed his love for McDougal many times, the woman said in her interview on CNN. She said she believed the relationship would "last a long time."
"He's very charming, he's really sweet," McDougal told CNN anchor Anderson Cooper. "I was attracted to him. I liked his charisma."
"When I got with him ... there was a real relationship there," McDougal said. "There were real feelings between the two of us, not just myself, and not just him."
But McDougal described her initial sexual encounter as being something that brought her to tears. McDougal said that, after having sex with Trump, he tried to pay her for her time.
"I actually didn't know how to take that," she said.
"I have never been offered money like that before ... I thought, 'Does he think that I'm in this for money,'" McDougal asked. "Or why I'm here tonight? Or is this a normal thing?"
"I said, 'That's not me. I'm not that kind of girl,'" McDougal continued.
Trump replied back to her by saying she was "really special," according to McDougal.
McDougal said the incident brought her to tears: "It really hurt me. He obviously assumed that that's the kind of girl I was. I felt terrible about myself."
She says, recalling the alleged affair, she wishes it never happened: "When I look back, where I was back then, I know it's wrong," she said. "I'm really sorry for that. I know it's the wrong thing to do. But back in those days ... I was a different girl, I had fun, I was in the Playboy scene, I was just enjoying life as much as I could."
"I had a lot of guilt, but I still continued," McDougal said.
Other claims McDougal made during the interview:
- Trump would reimburse her for her trips to see him at various golf courses. McDougal assumed it was because he wanted to avoid a paper trail. They reportedly met at least five times a month.
- Trump had initially asked for her number and would call her often. The two would not discuss Melania, Trump's third wife, or their son, Barron.
- McDougal kept a journal and wrote down Trump's initials on days that they were together. She claims it was done to mask his identity in case the journal was discovered.
- At one point, Trump gave a tour of one of his apartments where Melania allegedly stayed. McDougal described the incident as extremely uncomfortable.
- Trump did not use protection when they had sex.
- She said she voted for Trump in the 2016 US election.
- McDougal's friends and family knew about the relationship. Trump also appeared unconcerned about other people knowing about their encounters, according to McDougal: "He wasn't afraid to hide it at all," she said.
- McDougal believed Trump may have been having "issues" with Melania, but didn't know for sure.
- McDougal says she was the one who ended her relationship with Trump.
On Tuesday, McDougal filed a lawsuit seeking her release her from a gag order she signed that prevented her from disclosing information about the affair. She is the second woman to file a lawsuit to break a gag order on an alleged affair with Trump, after porn star Stormy Daniels filed a similar lawsuit.
- These are some of South Africa's most brazen medical aid scams and schemes
- These online courses (from as little as R140) can land you a hot job in tech
- Le Creuset, which is owned by a South African, has apologised for angering its black fans
- The closest thing you can find to Wakanda in the real world is Wits, according to the world's biggest news agency
- Samsung is making some good-looking cases for your new – fragile – Galaxy S9
- South Africa will be one of the biggest beneficiaries from the new African free trade area, says Moody’s
- We tried KFC's new 'mojito' - and one ingredient was a bit overpowering
- 34 years of hard slog, and then 2 big promotions in 6 days: what we know about new acting Sars boss Mark Kingon
- Amazon is selling fake Basotho blankets in the middle of the Black Panther craze – and they are really ugly
- Cyril Ramaphosa is backing the Afro – but a single African currency may only work if it is pegged to the rand, says an economist
- The world's most expensive superyachts come with helipads, movie theaters, and swimming pools — take a look
- A medium at Woolworths? You’re actually a XXL at Mr Price. Why SA’s clothing sizes are crazy
- We compared the price of contracts that come with an iPhone X – and the winner is R1,200 a year cheaper than the rest
- These are the 5 most expensive South African wines you can buy right now – if you are willing to spend up to R5,000 per bottle
- 'World's most comfortable shoe' now made from South African invasive trees
- South Africa’s top barista showed us how to brew the perfect cup of coffee
- Use this secret weapon to improve your meetings, suggest SA academics
- An exec who invests Mark Shuttleworth’s money keeps every rejection letter he has ever received – here’s why