A dentist's ingenious hack for making a face mask fit better has been viewed 3 million times on TikTok
- A Canadian dentist has shared an ingenious hack to make a standard face mask fit better and work much more effectively.
- Dr. Olivia Cui, DMD, posted the trick in a TikTok video which has now been viewed 3.4 million times.
- All it takes is a fold and a couple of knots.
- The video has wowed people around the world, and Katie Couric and Kristen Bell have both shared it.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A dentist has shared an ingenious and simple hack to make a standard face mask fit better and work more effectively, and the video has been watched 3.4 million times on TikTok.
Canadian dentist Dr. Olivia Cui, DMD, showed how you can close the gap around the side of your mask in a matter of seconds.
All you have to do is fold the mask in half length-ways, tie a knot in each strap as close to the mask as possible, open the mask out, tuck the opening in underneath the ear loops, and you'll have a much more effective and better fitting mask.
Watch the video here:
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Gold is rocketing - and there are many ways to invest. But some experts are not biting
- Cleaning company admits to Sassa price fixing, top businesswoman named
- A Cape Town drive-in concept sold hundreds of non-refundable tickets, but is still not open
- Some SA celebs will send you a personalised video for R150 - but Siya Kolisi, Kurt Darren are pricier
- You can now deposit cash directly into your bank account at any Pick n Pay till
- Curro schools couldn’t play sport during lockdown, so they began competitive Minecraft