'Do PS4 controllers work on PS3?': How to connect your PS4 controller to a PS3 in 2 ways
- PlayStation 4 controllers will work with a PlayStation 3 console, and when you use a wired connection, there is no setup involved.
- You can also pair a PS4 controller to a PS3 for a wireless connection, though the process of connecting the two devices is more involved.
- Not all functions of the aPS4's DualShock 4 controller will work while it's paired to the older system - vibration and tilt control may not function, for example.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
If you have a PlayStation 3, you have a console that may be a generation old but that still has some excellent games well worth re-playing. And you can play those games using the DualShock 4 controller from the newer PS4 system.
To use a PlayStation 4 controller with a PlayStation 3 console, the easiest approach is to simply connect the controller using a USB cable. Once the cable is connecting the two pieces of hardware, you'll be able to play PS3 games with the controller right away.
How to connect a PS4 controller to your PS3 for wireless use
1. Connect the controller and console with the USB cable and power both on.
2. Open the Settings menu, then go to "Accessory Settings."
3. Click on "Manage Bluetooth Devices."
4. Select "Register New Device" by pressing "X" on the controller.
5. Click on "Start Scanning," and then disconnect the cable from the PS4 controller.
6. Hold the "PS" and "Share" buttons on the controller, and when the lights on the controller start flashing, plug the cable back into it.
7. Highlight "Wireless Controller" on the screen and click on it.
You should now be able to use your PS4 controller wirelessly with your PS3.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Abandoned South African mines could become giant batteries to fend off load shedding if a UK company has its way
- Bell Pottinger partners are being forced to repay millions – but its last boss is reportedly fighting back
- Caterpillar just flashed the latest warning sign for the global economy
- What the hell just happened with Brexit and where will we end up next?
- These rats learnt how to drive tiny little cars so they could eat Froot Loops, and it's so precious
- You can't roll over your voice minutes at Vodacom, MTN, and Cell C – and that is not going to change