A mom's Facebook rant about banning 'childless millennials' from Disney World has sparked outrage on the internet
- A woman posted a rant on Facebook calling on Disney World to ban "childless millennials" after she refused to stand in a long line to buy her son a pretzel shaped like Mickey Mouse.
- The mom argued that Disney World is a "family amusement park" and that "immature millennials" have no business spending time there.
- The rant - and a similar column from the New York Post - sparked near universal backlash on Twitter, with most users arguing that anyone should be welcome to enjoy "The Most Magical Place On Earth."
- Visit Business Insider for more stories.
After denying her son's request for a Mickey pretzel because the line was too long, a woman took to Facebook to call on Disney World to ban "childless millennials".
The mom argued that Disney World is a "family amusement park" and that "immature millennials" have no business spending time there.
She used crude language to insult a woman she saw buying a pretzel at the park, eventually declaring that she "f------ hates childless women with a BURNING PASSION."
The woman claimed in her post that millennials "have NO idea the JOY and HAPPINESS it is to MOTHERS WHO BUY THEIR BABIES TREATS AND TOYS," nor will they ever "EXPERIENCE THE EXHAUSTION THAT IT IS TO CHASE A 3-YEAR-OLD AROUND AND GETTING STARES AND ASSUMING I'M A BAD MOTHER."
She went on to blame her son's outburst on a "c--- in some very s----- shorts" who was in front of the line for a Mickey pretzel.
"I WANTED TO TAKE THAT F------ PRETZEL FROM THAT TRAMP LIKE THANKS B---- YOU MADE MY SON CRY," she wrote.
In the next line, she suggested that "mothers with children should be allowed to skip all the lines" at Disney World before concluding that she can't tell her son no "because it's his vacation too".
"YOU HAVE NO F------ IDEA WHAT ITS LIKE TO STAND IN LINE FOR 3 HOURS WITH A CRANKY EXHAUSTED TODDLER," she continued to rant. "DW is for CHILDREN! People without CHILDREN need to be BANNED."
The mother's post went viral on Twitter and has since sparked near universal outrage from users. Many thought the mom's take was ridiculous, arguing that anyone should be welcome to enjoy "The Most Magical Place On Earth."
Sounds like she's resentful she's not having fun because she's too overwhelmed with toddler needs, and envious of unencumbered women (likely her own age) who are actually having fun. Sounds like she's the one who needs to grow up and stop blaming others for her own choices.— Hairball ?? (@orangepeel18) July 22, 2019
A few people also pointed out a glaring flaw in the mom's logic:
She wants to ban childless visitors AND wants mothers with children to be able to skip line? I don't think she thought that through.— Name cannot be blank (@Jezzerat) July 21, 2019
The Twitter user who first posted the screenshot of the mom's rant also chimed back in to muse about Disney's priorities:
One last thought: Iâ€™m sure Disney is really invested in getting rid of childless adults at the parks and thatâ€™s why they have so many golf courses, honeymoon-oriented resorts, bars, and upscale restaurants— Jen ?? Gen Con?????? (@JenKatWrites) July 19, 2019
A New York Post column agreeing with the mom's message also received overwhelming backlash. At the time of writing, the tweet promoting the article had 1,900 retweets, 12,800 likes, and more than 15,000 comments.
This is a dumb tweet.— DrLupo (@DrLupo) July 27, 2019
Disney did not immediately respond to INSIDER's request for comment.
- Read more:
- People are mesmerized by a viral video that shows what happens when you put an egg in vinegar and maple syrup
- Forever 21 is selling 'Fake News' biker shorts for $10 and many people see it as an attack on journalists
- We did a blind taste test of Dunkin's new Beyond Meat breakfast sandwich. Here's what it tastes like compared to the real thing.
- Build-A-Bear is selling adorable shark stuffed animals in honor of Shark Week
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Take a look: A Joburg mall built a massive aquarium in the middle of its food court
- We compare South Africa's mattresses that arrive at your home in a box
- This is how much it’ll cost you to own an automotive franchise like Supa Quick and Dent Doctor
- Why these unique Land Rovers from South Africa are in hot demand among Americans
- Census 2021: Statistics SA is looking for thousands of workers