- Discovery offers high networth clients an invite-only credit card and reward programme.
- Benefits include free international flights, personal concierge services and discounted hotel stays.
- The reward programme costs R170 more than the typical Discovery Vitality programme.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA.
High networth Discovery clients enjoy free international flights, personal concierge services and discounted hotels through the Discovery Purple Card.
The invitation-only credit card and rewards programme builds on the Discovery Vitality rewards scheme.
Members can expect to pay a base of R429 a month for the reward programme - R170 more than the typical Discovery Vitality programme - as well as additional credit card fees which Discovery does not disclose to get a host of benefits.
Discovery Purple Card and Vitality reward benefits include:
- Concierge service to book flights, hotels or restaurants, available 24 hours a day.
- Savings up to 100% on 12 return local and two return international flights for a client and their family, for clients spending more than R2 million through the Discovery credit card.
- Free international travel insurance when you pay for an international flight through the credit card.
- Up to 50% cash back on fitness devices, road or mountain bikes, or the best golf clubs.
- One free membership per Discovery Purple card holder to Virgin Active or Planet Fitness gyms anywhere in the country.
- Up to 50% off of local and international boutique hotels in the Purple Hotel Collection, limited to 20 nights and a maximum saving of R3,500 per night.
- Up to 50% off trips on Rovos Rail where entry tour prices start at R22,350.
- Up to 20% off travel bookings through World Leisure Holidays, Royal Caribbean Cruises and Contiki, subject to the cardholder’s Vitality status and the number of years they have been on Vitality.
- Up to 50% off spa treatments at certain Africology, Amani and African Pride spas, subject to an individual’s Discovery level.
Discovery said Vitality Purple reward members also gain access and get 50% off Discovery’s Executive Wellness Experience where they consult a doctor, registered nurse and biokineticist.
During this experience, everything from vision, diet, hearing and posture is checked - members also undergo an ECG, whereafter an individual health report is provided.
Discovery said the Purple collection is specifically designed to deliver their most comprehensive benefits along with an array of unsurpassed rewards.
“As a high-networth individual, clients will experience the unique personal touch of a dedicated purple consultant backed by a team of trained professionals who will ensure they enjoy a truly bespoke experience,” Discovery said.
This article has been updated.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Cellphones, R1-million salaries, free flights and airport parking - these are some of the perks awaiting new MP
- Vodacom quietly launched a mobile gaming platform – and would like you to pay R100 a month to play games you can get for free
- These are foreigners' favourite South African shares, including Clicks and Telkom
- Government wants townships to use more electricity - and may give them one free unit for every unit bought
- MTN has abandoned plans to opt all its users into a 40c 1MB “bundle” from this week
- A new plan will make it a crime to give a child a cellphone that can access pornography