British boxer chased out of Nando's after throwing chicken at American fighter
- Billy Joe Saunders reportedly chucked chicken at American boxer Deontay Wilder.
- The incident allegedly took place at a Nando's restaurant in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Saunders and Wilder are in Belfast to watch Tyson Fury continue his comeback on Saturday evening
The American professional boxer Deontay Wilder's entourage chased Billy Joe Saunders out of a Nando's restaurant in Northern Ireland after the British boxer chucked chicken at them.
Wilder and Saunders are in Belfast to watch Tyson Fury continue his comeback against Francesco Pianeta at Windsor Park on Saturday evening.
Wilder is expected to challenge Fury to a heavyweight showdown later in the year, while Saunders — an ally of Fury's — is there to support his friend.
But things took a bizarre turn after the official weigh-in on Friday, as Saunders seemingly charged into a restaurant where Wilder and his entourage were eating.
He then reportedly threw chicken at Wilder, and had to flee out of the front door when Wilder's security chased him out of the Nando's.
You can watch the incident below:
?? Cannot believe what I'm reading. Video of Deontay Wilder (in the red) chasing Billy Joe Saunders (grey and black camo shirt) out of Nando's Belfast tonight after Saunders is said to have thrown chicken at him?![??? Hugh O'Halloran] pic.twitter.com/NEzqy0ZnzX— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) August 17, 2018
Saunders is no stranger to controversy. Just last year he had to fend off criticism after his then 7-year-old son punched his opponent, Willie Monroe Jr, in the groin at a weigh-in ceremony ahead of a middleweight contest in London.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- These are the 7 best ads in SA right now, and they feature a robot called Sbu and an Icelandic Afrikaner
- Trump is reportedly preparing to weaken the dollar — here's why it will be nearly impossible
- Can you tell Motorola's new phone apart from Apple's iPhone X?
- We found hotdogs and chocolates for under R5 at Shoprite - here are some of the cheapest deals
- Only 0.2% of South Africa's farms are bigger than 12,000 hectares – and may qualify for land expropriation