This Twitter account of horrifying architectural creations is the stuff of nightmares
- The Twitter account Cursed Architecture posts and retweets photos of horrifying building designs.
- The account highlights bad design choices and architectural mishaps.
- Cursed Architecture also features a surprising number of toilets in strange places.
- Visit the Business Insider South Africa homepage for more stories.
Ever walk into a room and wonder what the heck the architect was thinking? A poorly designed space - the fridge in the middle of the room, or a sink smashed up against a door - can be frustrating and anxiety producing.
Enter Cursed Architecture.
A Twitter account that's been around for about seven months, Cursed Architecture collects examples of, well, bad architecture and egregious design goofs. And all of them will fill you with despair.
Cursed Architecture features poorly patterned tiles...
...along with weirdly apportioned rooms.
And a whole array of strangely situated toilets.
A lot of the bad architecture is stark and lifeless.
And others operate almost like optical illusions.
The bulk of the posts on the account, though, are just truly unfortunate choices.
And some are bad solutions to serious problems.
The person running the Cursed Architecture Twitter account didn't immediately respond to INSIDER's request for comment. We hope he's not trapped in a bathroom with an optical illusion tile pattern.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Cheap imported butter is undercutting local brands – here's how the market is changing
- The C-section rate among Discovery members is now up to three times higher than at American celebrity hospitals - here's why
- 60% of Discovery Vitality members are overweight - and they will now get personalised weight-loss plans and fitness goals
- We tested hot cross buns from Woolworths, Pick n Pay, Spar, Shoprite, Checkers and Food Lover’s – and the winner was clear
- A lawsuit has given us a rare insight into how much money retailers make from unclaimed gift cards – and it is rather a lot
- This South African ran a marathon every day for 49 days – here’s what he believes will carry you over the Two Oceans finishing line