- Col’Cacchio have teamed up with CBD oil maker africanpure to bring South Africans its first ever dagga pizza.
- From 25 June 2019 customers can get their hands on two new cannabis gourmet pizzas: the aptly named Green Goddess (R125) and the Not-So-Plain Mary Jane (R140).
- For an additional R25, you can get a splash of CBD oil on any other pizza.
From 25 June 2019 customers can get a little more than what they bargained for with a dash of CBD, the non-hallucinogenic chemical derivative of cannabis used for medicinal treatment, splashed onto their pizza for an additional R25. Three sprays makes the dose under 20mg.
Two new gourmet pizzas will feature on the menu, the aptly named Green Goddess (grilled baby marrow, feta, fresh basil and CBD oil) R125 and the Not-So-Plain Mary Jane ( chicken, Peppadew® Piquanté Peppers, roast mushrooms, avo dressing and CBD oil) R140.
Companies across South Africa have been coming up with innovative ways to bank on this growing industry, after the Department of Health (DOH) announced CBD can now be legally purchased in SA, provided the maximum daily dose of CBD was under 20mg, and as long as the product did not claim to cure or treat any specific condition. Higher doses still require prescription.
In April, four South African companies obtained licences to supply medicinal dagga from the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA), the regulatory body responsible for granting cultivation and export licences.
Earlier this year, the City of Cape Town freed vacant land in the Atlantis Special Economic Zone (SEZ) for the production of medical cannabis.
“At Col’Cacchio, we have always aimed to be innovative with our menu offering and provide our loyal fan base with the latest health positive trends. We love to stay ahead of the curve and are extremely proud to be the first restaurant in SA to launch a Cannabis pizza and look forward to seeing old and new faces in our restaurants coming in to try this exciting new range,” said Kinga Baranowska, Col’Cacchio co-founder.
The range will be available at all Col’Cacchio restaurants, excluding the Windhoek and Halaal restaurants.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- There is now a panic button for South African Uber users – here’s how it works
- We tried a vending machine that gives away free stuff – and it is coming to malls all around Gauteng soon
- We paid R130 for the American plant-based Beyond Burger that has created a R100 billion company – and it tasted just like meat
- Multichoice plans to make 52 local movies the next year - and saw streaming subscriber double