Watch: The newly announced flying car — the CityHawk
- Israel's Urban Aeronautics has announced its plans to manufacture a flying car.
- The CityHawk flying car, is an air taxi set to take to the skies 2021-22.
- The flying car looks like a giant drone and features propellers in its unique design.
A new flying car, the CityHawk, has been announced.
Full-scale development for the hybrid-power flying car, will see the 'land anywhere' vehicle being based on the cormorant unmanned model which was successfully tested earlier this year.
Israeli firm Urban Aeronautics describes CityHawks as a true equivalent to a ground taxi or family sedan in both appearance and passenger capacity.
First manned flights are expected in 2021-22.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This is just how insane doing business in SA has become
- These Joburg offices now have farms inside them — and workers get to harvest lunch
- You could pay more than R500 if you vomit in an Uber in South Africa
- How to claim from the Road Accident Fund without a lawyer — in 3 steps
- These are the new safety standards for private swimming pools – and a fence is no longer good enough
- Netflix just took a jab at DStv in a new advert — here are 4 other times companies trolled each other
- Watch: Quadriplegic Capetonian learns to walk again thanks to a robotic suit