Watch: Chinese scientists have created a Terminator-inspired miniature liquid metal robot
Inspired by T-1000, the shape-shifting android from
'Terminator', Chinese scientists created a new type of robot powered by liquid
metal, as footage filmed in Hefei, China, shows.
It is the first liquid-metal-powered robot that can move outside a liquid environment.
The palm-sized prototype consists of a plastic wheel, a small lithium battery and a liquid-metal droplet.
Voltage from the embedded battery alters the liquid metal's centre of gravity.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This is South Africa's best-decorated holiday home
- We shopped for school supplies at Checkers, Pick n Pay and others - here's how prices compared
- These were 2018’s top South African shares – and the biggest stinkers
- The 50 most followed Instagram accounts in 2018
- Fans and investors have thrown over R3.6 billion at this gorgeous video game – but it won’t hit shelves until at least 2020
- Watch: I swam with seals in Cape Town - here's what it's like to play with the 'puppies of the ocean'