We compared gym fees in Joburg, Cape Town, Durban and Pretoria – and the cheapest start at R199
- This is the time of the year many South Africans head back to the gym, with December only four months away.
- But money is tight.
- We compared the charges for gyms in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Durban to find the cheapest options in each city.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA.
With the summer holidays only four months away, South Africans are heading to the gym to lose those extra kilograms.
At the same time, South Africa is experiencing gloomy economic conditions, with rising costs and unemployment, so many households are looking to curb expenditure rather than take on new costs.
Because every cent counts, Business Insider South Africa compared the prices of different gym offerings in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Durban to help you find the cheapest option.
The Gym Company was by far the cheapest countrywide with memberships starting at only R199 a month.
Note that prices may differ between locations of the same gym, and prices can fluctuate across brands..
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- What toilet paper, coffee and other goods now cost in Zimbabwe compared to South Africa
- These South African investors will be hurting after a large property company lost 30% of its value in one go
- A popular SA gin has just been bought by the French giant that owns Absolut, Chivas, and Jameson
- IBM reportedly axed as many as 100,000 employees because it wanted to appear as ‘cool’ and ‘trendy’ as Amazon or Google
- A new app can stop a minibus taxi if it is overloaded or driven recklessly
- Boris Johnson's government has a R8 billion plan to buy slaughtered lambs in the event of a no-deal Brexit as farmers warn of 'civil unrest'