This futuristic R54 000 'smart desk' can manage your entire work life - here’s what it can do
For $4,000 (R54,200), a new "smart desk" can manage your entire work life. Made by New York-based technology manufacturing company Cemtrex, the SmartDesk is a sit-to-stand desk that has everything you might need built into the desk itself.
This is the Cemtrex SmartDesk.
The SmartDesk is a Windows PC, and it's powered by the eight-generation Intel Core i7 processor. Cemtrex says it plugs into your outlet using a single wire.
The SmartDesk has three built-in touch screens, which total 180cm.
You can also control the SmartDesk using something Cemtrex calls its Stark Gesture System, which lets you flip through pages or scroll simply by waving or pointing.
There's a wireless charging pad built into the desk ...
... as well as a built-in document scanner.
The keyboard and trackpad is also built directly into the surface of the desk.
A button lets you adjust the SmartDesk for sitting or standing.
You can also get rid of your desk phone, because the SmartDesk has a slot that contains wireless earbuds for making calls.
Receive a single email every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Bruce Whitfield: SA is a basket case. Really?
- Walkout! Senior managers responsible for 25% of STAR revenue pack their bags
- This is what quick-frozen chicken pieces cost in every province – and the differences are startling
- I was so fed up with traffic that I bought a motorbike - and the results were surprising
- McDonald's thinks South Africans are getting stuck on Big Macs and Egg McMuffins. Here’s their plan to change that.