- Surya the meerkat and Nice the cat are best friends and live in Saint Petersburg, Russia with owner Ekaterina Kuraeva.
- As Kuraeva told Metro, the pair bonded immediately, love to cuddle, and now love each other "to the point of jealousy."
- They are also stars on social media, with Kuraeva documenting their adventures on Instagram with the handle @meerkat_suren.
- Visit Business Insider South Africa's homepage for more stories.
It would not seem like cats and meerkats would have much in common. However, a pair of best friends "who love to cuddle" is proving doubters wrong, like a real-life Timon and Pumbaa from "The Lion King."
Owner Ekaterina Kuraeva told the outlet the unlikely duo bonded immediately when Surya joined the family. "They do everything together, eating, sleeping and playing," she said.
One thing they especially love to do, Kuraeva said, is cuddle.
She added: "Surya is definitely the most affectionate one, but Nice loves the meerkat too, he loves playing with him and licking him up.
"Surya is very jealous when I spend time with the cat, when I take him in my arms, he gets nervous and starts jumping trying to get him back.'
Surya and Nice are also social media stars. Their Instagram account, @meerkat_suren, is regularly updated by Kuraeva, who posts photos and videos of the pair's latest adventures.
It goes to show best friends can come in all shapes and sizes.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The AA now offers armed response, which will come help you in the mall, in your car or home – from R25 a month
- South Africa struggling with slow internet after two undersea cables failed
- The rand is now the world's cheapest major currency — undervalued by 62%
- TAKE A LOOK: These pictures show how SAA evolved over the past 86 years
- You can save thousands by making the new rate cut work harder for you - here's how