Cape Town is getting apartments the size of 1.5 parking spaces – for R1.35 million each
- Micro-apartments in a newly launched development in Cape Town’s Southern suburbs will be sold from R1.35 million from April.
- The 29 square metre apartments are roughly the size of one and a half parking spaces, and will be sold at an effective price of R46,500 a square metre.
- The developers say all apartments will be pet-friendly, and will have access to high-speed fibre and concierge services.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA's home page.
* This article has been updated below.
Micro-apartments in the newly launched Newlands Peak development in Cape Town’s Southern suburbs will be sold from R1.35 million when sales open at the end of April.
The 29 square metre apartments are roughly the size of one and a half public parking spaces, and will be sold for an effective R46,500 per square metre. (That size does not include balconies of at least 5 square metres which come standard with every apartment.)
The development is by Rawson Developers in the leafy suburb of Newlands, a roughly 12-minute drive from the Cape Town city centre.
Other apartments include hybrid studios, with bedroom separators, which will be sold for R2.1 million for 46 square metres, one-bedroom units due to sell at R2.125 million for 59 square metres, premium one-bedroom apartments from R2.6 million for 66 square metres, and R3.4 million for 80-square-metre two-bedroom units.
In promotional material, developers say all apartments will have access to a rooftop deck with two heated swimming pools, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, high-speed fibre internet connection, and a luxurious foyer with a concierge.
The bottom floors will have a coffee shop and restaurant, landscaped atrium, and drop-and-go laundromat.
The other eight stories of the eleven-story building will be apartments, with the top two floors used for penthouse apartments.
The entire building will be pet-friendly and have access to secure undercover parking, developers said.
Construction is set to begin this year.
* This article has been updated, at the request of Rawson Developers, to include the fact that every apartment comes with a minimum five-square-metre balcony.
(Compiled by James de Villiers)
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Almost R1 trillion was wiped off the South African stock market last week
- Here’s what you can you get on your number plate in SA – for up to R150,000
- Not all masks are equal when it comes to stopping coronavirus. Here’s what SA experts say
- Here’s how your office should be preparing for coronavirus worst-case according to the WHO
- KFC now sells nuggets – here’s how they compare to McDonald’s and Burger King’s versions
- Virgin Active doesn’t want an ‘unprecedented internationally’ fitness regulator in SA