Watch: Skim the ocean like Batman on this R50,000 jet ski
- It may look like Batman's water-based vehicle, but this is the new Mantra Watercraft.
- It is inspired by Filipino racing boats or "Bancarera" and can travel at over 80km/h.
- There is also a package which will include two rod holders, should you feel fishing is more your calling than fighting crime.
Designed by Philippine-based Trydent, the Mantra Watercraft say it is meant to bring fun to the water, with a $3,499 ( around R50,000) price tag.
It is inspired by Filipino racing boats or "Bancarera" and can travel at over 80km/h.
The jet ski features a trimaran wing, which gives the Mantra stability – and its classy Batmobile look. It also provides hydrodynamic lift for greater performance, and seriously fun "drift-style" cornering.
The company says the vehicle is not meant to compete with normal jet skis, but is meant for those who appreciate something unique.
The look and feel of the jet ski is drawn from vintage cars and speed boats, and includes a hand-made hull complete with wood finish. It has a GPS Speedometer, push button start, automatic bilge pump, and custom stainless prop.
Should you feel the need to go fishing, rather than fighting crime, there is also a package which will include two rod holders.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- 12 African emoji we would like to see - including proper sandals and pap
- Shocking must-see videos of SA wildlife - from hippos flattening cars to lions popping tyres
- An engineering firm wants to tow icebergs from Antarctica to Dubai – and use Cape Town as a pit stop
- Here are the priciest wines sold at a top SA auction - including a R5,000 bottle of Chateau Libertas
- Cowabunga! This electric surfboard can zip you along at 56km/h