Today’s business update — and SA's deeds office chaos
From Business Insider South Africa:
1. Load shedding (Stage 2) started at 08:00 again this morning and is expected to end at 22:00 tonight.
2. A former driver for ex-public enterprises minister Malusi Gigaba testified yesterday at the Zondo commission that Gigaba received large sums of cash from the Gupta family, which he would use to buy tailored suits.
3. This morning, Woolworths announced that its headline profit for the past year may decline by up to 70%.
4. Government has appointed RMB to assess offers for shareholdings in SAA, Bloomberg reports.
5. Game is launching a new cheap clothing range today to take on Pep and Ackermans.
Graph of the day:
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here
Also from Business Insider South Africa
- Hyperion just revealed the hydrogen-powered, all-electric XP-1, a hypercar with 'atomic bomb levels of energy'
- Apple's expensive new Magic Keyboard case makes the iPad Pro feel more like a laptop replacementBelarus state TV broadcast chilling footage of bruised protesters promising to give up
- Twitter apologised after a 'brutal and unfair' post from its account appeared to mock a footballer
- The White House wants to change the definition of a showerhead because of Donald Trump’s hair