The Burger King junior Whopper. (Burger King)
- Burger King South Africa launched a new app.
- The fast-food chain is handing out free mini burgers, the 'JR Whopper', to the first 5,000 users to download the app.
- The new app allows users to use their phone to make purchases at Burger King stores, instead of cash or cards.
Burger King South Africa has just joined its competitors McDonald's, Debonairs and Steers in rolling out a new app. The app allows you to pay for food, and also to gift Burger King meals to your friends.
The first 5,000 people to download the app get a free Whopper JR burger that you can fetch from one of their 80 stores in South Africa
We got ourselves a free burger for lunch in under 60 seconds - here's how:
1. Hit the Play store (Android) or App store (iOS) and type in 'Burger King SA 'in the search bar. Then tap enter.
2. Download the 'Burger King SA' app, then register by entering your name, as well as contact and other details
3. Create a unique PIN that you'll use to secure your profile and Burger King transactions.
4. Validate your details by typing in a one-time PIN sent to your phone via SMS
5. Then voilà! You now have a free Whopper for downloading the new app and signing up.
What the app does:
The app makes it easy to locate your nearest Burger King store and shows whether you can claim your free junior Whopper there.
You can send Burger King meal vouchers to your contacts (for a minimum value of R50):
You can also link your bank card by entering its details on the app and using your phone to pay at Burger King stores instead of using cash.
Receive a single email every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa: