1. Yesterday, the state capture commission heard explosive evidence from the former Bosasa exec Angelo Agrizzi. Bosasa received massive government contracts for security, fencing and catering. Agrizzi said yesterday that the company paid between 'R4 million and R6 million a month' in cash bribes. He also alleged that former South African Airways board chairperson Dudu Myeni handed confidential NPA documents to Bosasa execs.
2. In an apparent climbdown from the ANC's election manifesto, president Cyril Ramaphosa says government has no plans to interfere with the independence of the SA Reserve Bank.
3. Retail sales jumped by more than 3% in the year to November – bolstered by Black Friday. Sales of household furniture and appliances rocketed 13.5%.
4. More than 600 people have now been arrested in Zimbabwe amid protests overc fuel price increases. While the internet is still down in the country, President Emmerson Mnangagwa – who remains outside of the country, and is now heading to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland - tweeted a message:
5. Last night, British Prime Minister Theresa May narrowly survived a no-confidence vote following the crushing defeat of her Brexit deal. She won the first no-confidence vote in a British government in 26 years, by 325 to 306.
Reported by Ann Schmidt
It's always a good feeling when you solve a riddle or a brainteaser.
But sometimes, the answer is almost too simple that people can't figure it out. The riddle could go into a lot of details which can confuse you or distract you from the main point, especially if you're prone to over-thinking.
Other times, the question in a riddle gives almost no details, which can make it equally difficult to solve.
INSIDER has found 25 riddles and brainteasers with simple answers that anyone could get wrong.
Scroll down to see if you can figure them out.
Answer: The letter M.
Answer: The letter G.
Source: Web Riddles
Answer: A computer keyboard.
Answer: A map.
Source: Riddle Ministry
Answer: A barber.
Answer: A coat of paint.
Answer: Neither, egg yolks are yellow.
Answer: Your name.
Answer: There are 11 letters in "the alphabet."
Answer: Mt. Everest.
Answer: Because a wooden leg can't take pictures, only a camera can.
Answer: Everyone on the boat is married.
Answer: A stamp.
Answer: A glove.
Answer: A hole.
Answer: A coffin.
Answer: Its lid.
Answer: She took a picture of him, developed it in her darkroom, and then had dinner with him.
Answer: A river.
Answer: An echo.
Answer: Your right hand.
Visit INSIDER's homepage for more.