WATCH: This robot can jump up stairs and over logs
- Robotics company Boston Dynamics released a video of one of its robots doing parkour.
- The Atlas robot, which is humanoid in appearance, jumps over a log and then hops up a series of platforms.
- Boston Dynamics is famous for creating robots whose movements closely resemble humans and animals.
Boston Dynamics, the robotics company formerly owned by Google, keeps giving its humanoid robots new abilities.
Atlas is Boston Dynamics' humanoid robot, who you may have already seen performing a backflip.
In a video published by Boston Dynamics on Thursday, Atlas runs and jumps over a log (no big deal, we've seen it do this before) and then proceeds to nimbly hop up a series of platforms.
Watch Atlas do parkour here:
In the past Boston Dynamics has caused a stir by creating robots which imitate human or animal movement, such as its dog-like robots which inspired an episode of "Black Mirror." Spot is designed for indoor and outdoor operation and has been the breeding ground for a new approach to dynamic robot control that brings true autonomy within reach.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Cucumber Sprite is now in South Africa - its taste surprised us
- Clicks is selling pregnancy tests that give false positives – with tap water
- Tito Mboweni’s recent adventures in business – from failing to get loans to eating 'grass' at Discovery
- 5 shocking things in the 'Great Bank Heist' report into VBS Mutual Bank
- The awkward, technical truth behind Hollywood sex scenes
- From African print suits to running shoes — these are the 5 workwear trends for SA men this Spring