Black Friday 2020 | Toy deals are hard to find this year – here are our favourites
- Toys R Us is offering deals of up to 70% off on Black Friday, while rival Toy Kingdom has a 4 for 3 special running on Black Friday.
- But where there were decent deals to be had, stock was already running low by Friday morning.
- Generally, discounts are not impressive. Still, you can find some Christmas gifts if you know where to look.
- Here are our favourite deals on toys for Black Friday 2020.
- For more stories visit Business Insider South Africa.
Black Friday is famous for deep discounts on consumer goods – but it also presents the perfect opportunity to nab a cheap toy deal for Christmas.
And with the coronavirus pandemic leaving consumers with tight wallets, everyone is looking for a good deal.
Toys R Us is offering discounts of up to 70%, while Toy Kingdom is running a 4 for 3 special on everything in stock, all day. Prices on Takelot weren’t really looking promising on the toy front, and LEGO giant Kiddiwinks is offering a 25% discount on online purchases, and 20% off in-store.
By Friday morning, a lot of the online stock on Toys R Us in the 70% and 60% off range was running very low, especially on items like action figurines, dolls, soft toys and Enchantimals.
We managed to find some deals we liked though. Here are our favourite toy deals:
Self-balancing hoverboard – R1,899 (down from R3,800) - One Day Only
Funko pops – R90 – R100 (down from R149, some Marvel characters remain normal price though) - Takealot
Trampoline with safety net combo - 2.4 metres – R1,999 (down from R2,999) - Takealot
Fortnite fig survival kit – R399 (down from R579.90 – we saw it on Takealot for R580) Toy Kingdom
Hot Wheels monster truck – R599 (down from R1,199) Toys R Us
Mobile crane – R1,099.90 ( down from R2,199.90) - Toys R Us
LEGO Disney Frozen II Arendelle Castle Village – R849,90 (down from R1,699.90) - Toys R Us
Barbie Summer Villa with doll – R699.90 ( down from R1,399.90) - Toys R Us
Monopoly Cheater’s edition – R149.90 ( down from R499.90 – we saw the same edition on Takealot for R600) - Toys R Us
Receive a daily news update on your cellphone. Or get the best of our site emailed to you.
Go to the Business Insider front page for more stories.