This gorgeous stainless steel bike multi-tool is a Cape Town design
- This Touch Bike Parts multitool looks good - and works even better.
- It can be completely disassembled and reconfigured in whichever way you require.
- The ergonomics were specifically designed to enable ease of use with cycling gloves.
- For more stories visit Business Insider.
You can now customise a multitool for your bike, to get into those difficult to reach parts of the frame or componentry.
The Touch Bike Parts customisable multitool is the brainchild of Cape Town designer Raoul de Villiers, after observing most bikers were unimpressed with existing bike tools.
Issues concerned annoying overall tool sizing, which prevented sufficient leverage to easily loosen or tighten bolts or screws on various bike components.
The design is an impressive customisable bike tool. It comes disassembled, to allow any new owner full customisation.
You can build your multi-tool up as a four-, six- or eight-bit configuration.
Traditional bike multi-tools attempt to squeeze a lot of bits in a fixed structure and that often makes the tool too wide to get into difficult to reach parts of the bike frame or componentry. The ability to make this tool narrower or wider, by adding or removing bits, means you won’t have an issue.
DIY bike mechanics can also rearrange the individual bits to enable a specific Allen key or Torx bit to engage those difficult to reach screws or bolts.
The Touch Bike Parts multi-tool is also comparatively longer than most bike tools and that generates better leverage, to loosen those stubborn bolts and screws which might have started corroding.
The multi-tool also features a very open design with large tolerances. This allows a rider to easily pry open the various tool bits for use, especially when wearing full fingered cycling gloves.
The Touch Bike Parts multi-tool features rails are made from 6061 aluminium, whilst the tool bits are all stainless steel and feature tumble polished tips. It looks good and should last for years.
Available online and in select bike shops, the Touch Bike Parts customisable multitool retails for R900.
Receive a daily email with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- A massive, rare blue diamond has just been found outside Pretoria
- This is what braai essentials cost at Checkers, Pick n Pay, Spar and Shoprite - and you might be paying too much for Pepsi
- This is SA’s favourite restaurant in Cape Town, Durban and Joburg, according to OrderIn
- A Thomas Cook flight attendant says she only learned that the company collapsed and she lost her job on Facebook
- The G-spot is a dangerous myth ruining women's sex lives, according to the doctor behind 'The Vagina Bible'
- Take a look: this is the 'Aerotropolis' that Durban’s government hopes will bring in R1 trillion in investment
- The US and Saudi Arabia are searching for a 'smoking gun' among wrecked weapons that will conclusively link Iran to the attacks on Saudi oil sites