Fans are seriously confused about Bran Stark's new title on 'Game of Thrones'
- The final episode of "Game of Thrones" aired on Monday.
- Fans made a lot of jokes about the finale and many of them were about Bran Stark and his new title, Bran the Broken.
- A lot of fans didn't understand or accept the show's ending and they made plenty of jokes and memes about it.
- Spoilers ahead for the series finale of "Game of Thrones".
- For more, go to Business Insider SA.
The series finale of "Game of Thrones" aired on Monday and there were plenty of big moments throughout the episode that had everyone talking.
One of the most shocking moments from the finale was when Bran Stark was crowned King of the Six Kingdoms at Tyrion Lannister's suggestion. Tyrion said part of his reason for suggesting Bran as king is that people love stories and Bran has an epic one - he was paralysed from the waist down after being pushed from a tower, he became the Three-Eyed Raven, and he lived to tell the tale.
A panel of important leaders in Westeros agreed to give Bran the crown and Tyrion Lannister gave him the title "Bran the Broken," which many fans called ableist and offensive since it seemed to reference and focus on the fact that he is in a wheelchair and implies that fact makes him "broken."Aside from his problematic title, fans were also disappointed that Bran became king simply because it was so out of character after he had become the Three-Eyed Raven. Since the episode aired, viewers have been making jokes and memes about Bran's new role, especially because he didn't seem to have much interest in ruling beforehand.Here are some of the most notable reactions about Bran Stark's new title and how he got there.
A lot of people pointed out that for the past few episodes, Bran had no interest in the throne ... and no interest in even being Brandon Stark
Bran : "I don't want the throne."Bran : "I am not a Lord."Bran : "I am not Brandon Stark anymore."Bran : "I am a three eyed raven."
Daenerys died, Jon went to the wall, all the Dothrakis and Unsullied leaving Westeros.
Bran :"Sure. King suits me best." — â€¢â€¢â€¢ (@_ki_ky_) May 20, 2019
And many said that, given his powers, Bran may have known all along this was going to happen
A lot of viewers couldn't help but wonder how Bran felt about his new title, 'Bran the Broken'
BRAN: â€œBran the Brokenâ€? I-is that the name we decided on? Have you guys been calling me thâ€”EVERYONE: TO BRAN THE BROKEN!— Patrick Monahan (@pattymo) May 20, 2019
Tyrion: the king shall be Bran the Broken
Bran: yeah actually just Bran is cool
Tyrion: Bran the busted up
Bran: ok or -
Tyrion: Bran the wheely wheely legs no feely — zaki (@ZakGhaliAZ) May 20, 2019
And others took issue with the moniker, calling it ableist and offensive
Some fans had better suggestions
other names better than â€œbran the brokenâ€
â€¢ bran the bird boyâ€¢ bran the book brainâ€¢ bran the not bastardâ€¢ bran the baby stark boyâ€¢ bran the brave-ishâ€¢ bran flakes — chris melberger (@chrismelberger) May 20, 2019
Can't believe they really out here calling Bran "Bran the Broken".Bran the Wise?Bran the Time Traveler?Bran the Raven Man?Bran the Intense Eye Contact Mans?Bran the Mediocre Side Kick Who Went On A 6 Season Expedition And Is Now King?#GameOfThronespic.twitter.com/jOTpjeZG3Q— Aarushi (@AariIsHungry) May 20, 2019
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Huawei developed a 'plan B' operating system for smartphones in case it was banned by the US government from using Google products. Here's what we know about it so far.
- Huawei just caught a break: The US government has temporarily loosened its restrictions
- Some South African Huawei owners are hoping to get a refund. Good luck with that.
- Huawei has been blacklisted by the US government. Here's what happened to the last Chinese tech company that got the 'death penalty.'
- Huawei crisis: South African government won’t ‘discriminate’
- We found a secret game hidden in Pick n Pay’s new cricket collectable card series