Beijing is colour-coding buildings to show the vaccination rates of employees inside
- Beijing is colour-coding some businesses to show what proportion of its employees are vaccinated.
- So far this has launched in businesses in the city's busy financial district.
- There are no punishments for having lower rates, but it's meant to help speed up China's vaccination efforts.
- For more stories visit Business Insider.
Beijing is colour-coding businesses to show the vaccination rates among the employees inside.
Authorities in the Chinese capital have put the signs on businesses in the financial district, Bloomberg reported.
According to Bloomberg, this is what the colours represent:
- Green: More than 80% of people working in the building have been vaccinated.
- Yellow: Between 40% and 80% of people working in the building have been vaccinated.
- Red: Fewer than 40% of people working in the building have been vaccinated.
There are no penalties for businesses that have low rates, but it's intended to help with China's efforts to speed up its vaccine rollout, according to Bloomberg.
China already has a digital health code for people, which is smartphone software that shows a color and lets them into certain places.
Receive a daily news update on your cellphone. Or get the best of our site emailed to you
Go to the Business Insider front page for more stories.