Barbra Streisand says she successfully made two clones of her pet dog, but that they have 'different personalities'
- Barbra Streisand told Variety that she successfully made two clones of her Coton du Tulear dog, which died in 2017.
- She said they have different personalities.
Barbra Streisand said in a new interview with Variety that she successfully made two clones of her pet dog.
The singer said that two of her Coton de Tulear dogs were cloned from cells taken from the mouth and stomach of her 14-year-old dog Samantha, who died in 2017.
"They have different personalities,” Streisand said of the two clones, Miss Scarlet and Miss Violet. "I'm waiting for them to get older so I can see if they have her [Samantha's] brown eyes and seriousness."
Streisand added that she owns a third dog of the same breed, Miss Fanny, (pictured in the Instagram post above), which she said is a distant cousin of the original dog.
Receive a single WhatsApp message every morning with all our latest news. Sign up here.
- Even at 15%, South Africa is not paying too much in VAT compared to the rest of the world
- Fruit juice, low GI bread and bottled water - surprising products set for a VAT increase
- The mining industry really didn't like the last minister of minerals, but Gwede Mantashe is a pretty complicated guy
- He farms cabbages and sold life policies - 8 things you didn't know about Nhlanhla Nene
- The Maritzburg company that helps make Tesla cars, now brings wifi to millions of air travellers
- The R1 billion yacht belonging to one of Russia's most eligible bachelors has just docked in Cape Town
- Where to get the best paid jobs in government (and what to avoid)
- South Africans are probably eating Chinese honey that has been mixed with syrup, warns Wandile Sihlobo
- These are the best 5 wines under R80, according to SA's top young sommelier
- Millions of South Africans are turning to Norway to get their weather forecasts – here’s whySouth Africa's first black woman winemaker just launched her own brand — and the world can't get enough of it